top of page

The Three Kings, Hanley Castle


It is a popular misconception that The Three Kings in Hanley Castle was named after the three wise men of biblical fame. In fact, three Kings brothers owned this 16th-century timber-framed building in the late 17th century. One of them, Richard Kings, sold the property to Anthony Lechmere in 1710 and has been owned by the Lechmere estate ever since.


The Three Kings received the ultimate award of CAMRA National Pub of the Year in 1993 and was runner-up in 1998. In 2003 it was top of a list of six of the best historic pubs selected by Victorian Society chairman Geoff Brandwood.  It is on the National Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors.



Landlord Sue Roberts normally serves two regular beers, Hobson’s and Butcombe, plus a changing selection of three from as far afield as Orkney (Skullsplitter at 8.5%, a hefty pint) and the Scilly Isles. Since records began in 1992, the pub has served more than 3500 different real ales.




 

The Swan Inn, Hanley Swan


The Swan has been a hostelry for hundreds of years.   Situated on the route of an old drovers’ road leading from the Welsh hills to a ford across the River Severn at Hanley Quay and on towards London, it is located right in the heart of the village, on the village green with its duck pond, and provides good meals and accommodation.

For more information, go to:


https://www.thehanleyswaninn.com/

https://www.facebook.com/thehanleyswaninn/?ref=py_c



bottom of page